Piano lessons are available for all ages and levels of pianists up to early advanced. At AJ’s Music Factory students will cover a vast array of repertoire including pop tunes, classical music and modern composers. Along with learning the standard language of music, students will also participate in the following:
• How to interpret and play from a lead sheet
• The art of improvisation and playing by ear
• Music theory
• Technique exercises
• Guidance in creating original compositions
• Exploration of multiple genres of music
To ensure that students are engaged throughout their lesson, use of multiple creative activities both on and off the piano bench are used to teach the fundamentals of piano playing. Enjoyment of music and creative freedom is greatly pursued and valued.
Lessons are offered in 2 semi-private formats:
- 60 minute lessons (30 min with instructor/30 min Off Bench Time)
- 60 minute lessons (45 min with instructor/15 min Off Bench Time)
- 75 minute lessons (60 min with instructor/15 min Off Bench Time)
o 60 (45/15) or 75 (60/15) option must be chosen for students combining vocal and piano instruction or as an option for advanced students covering harder repertoire (Grades 6-12)
What is Off Bench Time?
Students participate in extra training including improvisation practice, additional theory, educational games, activities and technology lab with iPad and Computer time to re-affirm concepts. At times a flipped classroom approach will allow for students to view pre-recorded videos of instruction that will also be implemented into their studies.
Andrea’s studio waitlist is approximately 12 months out. Please consider adding your child to the waitlist so you may have the option to join the studio when their turn comes up.