We are gearing up for our SUMMER MUSICAL OLYMPICS CAMPS coming up this August! Preparations are already being made to create a CREATIVE and FUN learning opportunity for students. We will be coinciding our camps this year’s summer olympics in Rio in August.
Musical Olympics Camp is for beginners ages 6-11 with 0-2 years of training as students will be learning or re-enforcing beginning musical concepts through games and activities. Camp runs 4 days from Monday through Thursday, 2 hours each day and are held at AJ’s Music Factory in Woodbury. Tuition for camp is $125 and will be deducted from your credit card within 24 hours of registration. Tuition is non-refundable. Spots are limited so act quickly! To register, click HERE and select the day/time of your choosing.
August 1-4 from 10:00-12:00
August 8-11 from 10:00-12:00
My fellow pedagog Joy Morin in Ohio created an incredibly creative and action-packed olympics camp of which I will be using some of her awesome ideas. Check out a few images below to get a preview of just a few of our upcoming activities!
WHY MUSICAL OLYMPICS CAMP?
- Students develop musical skills in a fun, safe, no-pressure environment
- Learn valuable lessons in cooperation, collaboration and teamwork
- Creative projects, activities and games encourage students to step out of the typical learning box
- Enhance leadership skills as older students naturally help to nurture the younger ones
- Students enjoy something different than the normal routine and continue to get creative brains revved up
- Self-esteem and Confidence are gained from belonging, learning and contributing
- (MOST OF ALL!) Students work on social skills and long-lasting friendships that help to foster their interest in musical learning